It seems blog-world has gone valentine-crazy! There are hearts and pink things everywhere. Feeling slightly guilty about my un-romantic nature, I thought I’d give you all a present of a really easy cookie recipe.
- 4 oz caster sugar (115g)
- 4 oz self raising flour (115g)
- 1 oz cocoa powder (30g)
- 1 oz custard powder (30g)
- 4 oz margarine (115g)
- Set the oven to 180C and get a couple of non-stick baking trays out (or line them with baking paper
- Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and give them a quick stir
- Add the margarine and mix together with a knife, I use a palette/butter knife with quite a wide blade. Just cut the margarine into the other ingredients until the mix starts to go darker – this may take a few minutes.
- Once it’s starting to come together, gather it into a ball with your hand
- Pinch off walnut-sized lumps and put them onto the baking trays, squash down slightly with two fingers – it should make about 15-18 depending how big you want your cookies
- Bake for about 10 minutes until they’ve spread a bit and look cracked on top
Then try not to eat them all at once and at least consider giving some to your valentine/flatmate/assigned cookie-monster.